Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Things I Don't Hate

A list of things I love, outside of the obvious of Girlfriend, Family, and Friends.

Because sometimes it's nice to reflect on things.

LIST OF THINGS RACHAEL LOVES 


Japanese ice ball - primarily for Scotch I believe
  1. When people use "fancy" words. I am quite the erudite (eh eh), so when I hear people use words like "impetus", "sensual", "remiss", and "jocund" my heart beats faster and I feel inadequate. No, I don't see this as a horrible thing. I am mostly jealous because of the difficulty I have saying most words. I go for simple elementary synonymous words. Such as it is.
  2. Ice. I love pictures of freezing weather; it is harsh but delicate. The way it reflects, melts, the different textures. Water in all states is really quite bewildering.
  3. Synonyms. I should have done this first, but too late. I need to make a big poster of synonyms I enjoy. I was going to use "amazing" on numero dos, but found bewildering a much better choice for this.
  4. Fox fur. Vintage, because I can't get behind killing animals that have a place on this world. What would we do with old fur that isn't being worn? Burn it? Bury it? Isn't it more economical to wear it? I think so. I like fox fur for only one reason: because it looks so damn good on me. I own none as of right now, so sheath your bucket of blood red paint.
  5. Furry blankets. I suppose this goes with 4, but it needs to be said. I sleep much better with my blanket of fake fur. It isn't even fox colored. It probably emulates some hidden grasp my brain has to my childhood. The gripping a teddy bear when you sleep, trying to wrap yourself into its warm stuffing.
  6. Proteus, my fish. I want to post a picture but am unsure of the location of my camera. It has been a long while since I got him so it's about high time he makes an appearance. As do Ani and Zelda, my dogs. But it'll have to wait. I should mention that I also love my dogs, but I think everyone knows that.
    I love to lay in bed and watch Proteus move around his plants and through his cave. It is a silent water dance. He is a good fish.  
  7. Lotion and water. Keep the skin taut and age naught! Or something.
  8. My car. I actually hate my car so much for the money I have to put into it, but we've gone through a lot. Right now he badly needs to be washed, inside and out. I have been making a habit of leaving my refuse during school in there. It's disgusting.
  9. The amber on school bus lights. I really just love the word amber. It makes me think of prehistoric insects stuck in sap, misty humid jungles, and distant roaring of beasts.
  10. The smell of old jewelry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment