I admit I haven't finished a book since Winter term in my Literature of Genocide class. It was a brilliant class, it really was... but somehow after the class was over I stopped picking up books and starting clicking the "play" button. I became addicted to Netflix. Well, I already was... but I had a great balance of reading/Netflix. And homework. And life.
It probably has something to do with Girlfriend.
Anyway. I don't want to delve on it but I am going to make a stupendous effort to read the multiple of books I have now so I can burn them and move onto the next group. I'm too old not to have read A Rumor of War, The Prophet, Moby-Dick, The Time Machine... I'm only naming off these classic titles because they're the only ones I bother putting on the shelf. They make me look smart.
"Have you read these?"
"No, it's called Feng Shui! It messes with the vibe if I pick one up."
Seriously, I'm a Creative Writing major that doesn't read classics. More like a Fucked-in-the-Head major am I right?! Haha
Laugh with me!
In ADDITION to that admission I am going to go ahead and say I am trying vegetarianism again (I've done it twice now and I always fail!!). After Medifast, of course.
Why do it if it always ends in failure? Why does the smoker try to quit over and over? Because smoking isn't beneficial to your wellness except in some social situations. And it makes you feel really shitty.
I fucking love animals. I would rather the world be filled with twice as many animals and a third less of humans. We fuck it up, we are really awful. All the energy we are using, the pollution, the land we take up. Then we go ahead and eat the critters that we should be living in harmony with.
It's so sick!
Okay, that was a little passionate. I honestly see no harm in some food chain action, but when we start caging up and abusing the animals we're eating... I get a little messed up in the head. And the heart. My soul hurts.
The first few times I went veggie, I did it were for my cholesterol. I think I mentioned in a very disconnected post that it was way too high for a sexy lady like me. But why should someone so in love with animals be eating them? It seems sick.
Why did it fail before?
Reason #1 - I wasn't giving myself enough variety. My friend was told me that vegetarians and vegans can fall prey to a "Beige Diet" of breads, rice, bananas..! That was me. I didn't even realize it but it was so very true for me. I plan this time to have foods at my arsenal that aren't bread!
Reason # 2 - Sushi. I love raw fish. Eel especially. Oh no! But fish are friends too. As Proteus, my fish, could tell you. He is so cute right now looking for food in his tank. He is always hungry! I swear he isn't a starving fish.
Reason # 3 - Everything looks, and tastes, amazing! I need to eat it all! Ugh. This is why I am so fat!
Reason # 4 - This is the worst... I love pigs. I want a pig. I want to have a big farm with a pig, goats, dogs, and a cat. But I'll never have money for that... Anyway. Pigs. They are incredibly smart, affectionate (sometimes, I've heard horror stories!), and so damn tasty! I hate it. Pork belly is my favorite. But no more!
I will not eat the pig! I heard humans taste like them anyway. Fucking cannibals.
So, why do it? Health, I love pigs, and health.
There we go! Maybe one day I can do vegan! I don't think it would be horribly hard because milk is DISGUSTING. But I do like ice cream... and I like honey too much. I'd def be one of those vegans that eats honey. What kind of vegan is that?! Ice cream I can live without because coconut ice cream is super good anyway. Also, I'd forget to tell doctors and then I'd get a flu shot and OOPS it's all messed up.
Also; I have lost over 10 pounds so far on Medifast. Yay starvation!!
No comments:
Post a Comment