Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Musings of a Nephew

Edit: I added in a picture. You're welcome.

Summer is finally here! I finished my finals and am off free until the end of September. Now... I just have to find a new job and possibly an apartment. Woo.

I started off my boss summer going to lil big burger for a blue cheese burger and truffle fries, then followed it up with chevre and marionberry habenaro jam ice cream at Salt and Straw.

I started off my summer with the kids (I have less than 2 weeks left with them!:( ) by taking them and the dog on a walk, followed by some awesome library time. On our way to the trail I had my niece read to my nephew to keep him from asking me questions like "Why is the sky blue" "Where does milk come from" "Why do you sneak into my room at night and whisper unsavory things". Siiigh KIDS, right?

I was driving fyi. I would have read the book in my best Morgan Freeman voice but I was too busy trying to hit old ladies and babies in strollers. Racked up some major points today!

My niece was reading A Pocket for Corduroy (because I couldn't find Corduroy Finds the Box of Matches) and it gets to the epic part where Corduroy realizes he doesn't have a place to put his can of chew. He is furious! So is my nephew.

"He needs a pocket for his pocket knife!" yells my nephew.

Awwhh... I have taught them so well! My niece and nephew high five'd each other and cackled at the thought of Corduroy with a pocket knife.

Girlfriend said she will edit a picture of a girl to be on the receiving end of the knife. Fun to come!

My nephew had more to share once we got back from our spree of madness. As I pulled my automobile into my designated parking spot my niece took note of a bird in our lawn. A MOFO BIRD TAKING UP LAWN SPACE! She probably said that, I can't remember.

Well, my nephew was furious. Livid. Really mad!

"That is the bird that was eating our blueberries!" my niece said. This is what she actually said, I remember that.

"What!" my nephew was clearly speechless.

"Oh cool. That's cool. Awesome," I was clearly ready to take a nap.

"Well, at least I think that is the bird. They all kinda look the same. That's a robin I think. Aunty would you say it's a robin?"

"Looks more like a pterodactyl to me," I started to get out of the car. "Don't forget Aunty's booze on the floor," I reminded the kids with a smile.

Before my niece could say "yes master" my nephew quipped up.

"No! Don't move. We have to be quiet because I am going to go catch that bird...." my nephew said with a gleam in his eye. "And suck it's blood."

And all ended well for all parties except for the bird.


Pictures:
Corduroy Book
Kickass Knife

No comments:

Post a Comment